Stop Motion Animation Rigger
ShadowMachine is always looking for talented and crafty stop motion riggers. This position is responsible for designing and building support rigs to help our animators defy gravity and bring inanimate objects to life.
What you will be doing:
- Design and execute rigs for puppets, props and landscape or set support.
- Work directly with animators, stage crew, puppet department and art department to determine the scope of projects
- Determine timelines for a task and clearly communicate estimates to stage crew and animators.
- Maintain inventory and track rigs needed for work flow and shooting schedule then communicate when tools or inventory are low.
What you bring with you:
- A knack for working with other people in a fast paced environment, safely and under a tight deadline.
- An attention to fine detail for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to communicate project timelines, including any delays.
- A spirit of collaboration and creative problem solving to brainstorm challenges.
What would be nice to have:
- Experience working on stop motion feature film preferred, though all stop motion experience will be considered.
- Strong mechanical skills and pervious experience using metal shop tools
- Metalwork experience required, including but not limited to silver soldering and brazing.
What to include:
Your resume. Include relevant work experience.
Your contact information (you’d be surprised).
Your photos or video reel links to your most compelling creative work.